AROGARA!!  

20 May, 2006


Chithra is back after a cool trip to Kodaikanal… nice place… ensoyed wit my family…am not gonna write bout the Kodai trip or hw I enjoyed there… this is bout something else…Well, on the way I visited PALANI… I have a strong belief in God.. He is the supreme power above us.. but some things tat happened in the temple really made me feel … Previously people used to climb the mountain stairs in order to reach the top… good God… made people active… But now Rope cars have emerged… When I visited Palani 15 yrs back ,I was a kid then (hey.. even now I am ) , we climbed the stairs to reach the mountain top…This time we dint ‘cos my dad is a heart patient n he couldn’t climb so many stairs… so decided to go by rope car… ouff!! The rush there stunned me… Not even a single soul was climbing stairs at that time… It was not even those sunny afternoons too ..A cool evening where one cud enjoy climbing mountain.. But no one did… People became too lazyyyyy… Times have changed… So have people…
My mom bought the “Archanai plate” .. but it was not useful… the archargar said they don’t do archanai in the evening.. Hmm.. poor we… When the crowd was pushing me forward.., I seriously felt so irritated.. Everyone is gonna see the Lord ,but then y do they hurry like this?? I was happy tat it wasn’t any special day.. or else I would have been crushed in the crowd… know what… I cud get only glimpse of Lord Muruga.. The person there was pushing the people.. Jus a second, then u r pushed out of the place.. And for all this we have been standing for hours there ?? this is not new.. it happens in Thirupathi too…
The worst thing ever.. Archagars have started their own business.. He said give me 15 I will give u prasadham… Yea he gave me only kumkum,viboothi n three petals of a flower… people who are to serve God have made it a business… I was so much upset over this… came out n there was another god’s temple… since we dint do archanai earlier we did it here.. n what.. here too the same business… For breaking the coconut , the archagar asked 10 rs .. He ne’er said tat initially ,but only at the end he asked for it.. 10 rs or 15 rs is not a big matter at all.. but the way they gain this is really bad.. Announcement goes in the mike tat don give money to outsiders who claim to do pooja for u.. but it all happens within…inside itself…by the archagars.. what is the solution to all these??
Then came the Golden Chariot .. Aha.. To pull it one has to pay rs.2000 ..
Too much I say… And the crowd for watching this is more than that.. People pushing each other to watch the chariot .. They keep on going behind the chariot.. Hey ..what ..only God’s idol was there.. see it once n pray…isn’t that enough?? Why shud one push everyone n keep on going behind the chariot…
So many questions left unanswered… People’s attitude must change.. We go to temple for peace of mind.. But really there is no peace in such a place.. Only chaos n confusions.. Some thing must be done for all these.. I don’t know what could be done.. but things need a change…

Design by Blogger Buster | Distributed by Blogging Tips